Have you ever thought of hiding some apps from your mobile? What can be the reason? Offcourse those snoopy people who love to sneak into anyone’s mobile phones and their personal apps and admit it or not we all have at least one friend like this. The task of hiding apps on Android is not as easy as it sounds like. But it isn’t impossible though. If you have a rooted mobile phone you can very easily find so many ways to hide your apps but what if your phone is not rooted and you don’t want to do it too? IIf you really need to hide apps on your mobile do not panic, here we are to help you with this. Keep reading to know “How To Hide Apps On Android Without Rooting”.
There are a few easy ways to hide your apps from your mobile from which we have chosen these 4 methods that can work for you.
How To Hide Apps On Android Without Rooting
By Using Launchers
As we all know what Launchers are. A launcher is your mobile’s user interface i.e, how your phone’s home screen looks and works. If someone is not satisfied with the inbuilt user interface of their phone they can change it whenever they want as there is a number of launcher apps available on Google Play Store. These launchers help you to customize your mobile as you want.
So, this was the actual and expected work of a launcher app but do you know there are a few launchers that that can help you in hiding your mobile apps. yes! this is the easiest method you can use if you want to hide some of your apps in your mobile.
#1 Go Launcher
We assume every single person using Android knows about Go Launcher. It is one of the most popular launchers on Play Store right now. As we have already discussed a launcher’s primary use and we are here to know how to hide apps on android without rooting, let’s head towards it directly. Go launcher is one of those launchers which gives you the ability to hide your mobile apps.
Steps To Hide App Using Go Launcher
Here is the step by step guide to help you out with your work. Get you to the answer of how to hide apps on android without rooting.
Install Go Launcher
- In the process of hiding apps by using Go Launcher you will be needed to install Go Launcher which is available on Google Play Store. You can find the direct link here.
- In the next step, you will be needed to grant the permission to Go Launcher to run on the place of your default launcher.
- Now as your mobile starts running with Go launcher you can see a different setup and many customization options.
Start The Process Of Hiding Apps
- Find the icon of hiding (which looks like an eye with a crossing line i.e, the sign of restriction) at the second right on the bottom of the screen.
- When you click on the icon for the first time you will be asked to set a pattern lock.
- After setting the pattern, there will appear a list of all the apps on your mobile.
- Check on the apps you want to hide from others by clicking on those app’s icons and then tap on the OK button.
- Now, no one can find those apps on your mobile by any means.
- There is only one way to find these hidden apps. Go to the hide apps icon again and draw the lock pattern. Immediately after doing it the app you have hidden will appear in front of you. Along with them, you will find a + sign also from where you can add more apps whenever you want.
- The other way you can do it by long pressing any app that you want to hide. You will see the options for app info and hide the app.
- Simply drag the app to the hide app option and that’s it.
Caution Of Using Go Launcher
This could possibly be the easiest way to hide your apps from the snoopers. But note down the caution. We need to be clear here that no matter how popular Go Launcher is, it slows down your mobile and it really does. The other thing to concern is that the hiding app function does not support in a few Androids. So test it by your self and if it works, this could be the best solution for you.
The other Launcher which helps you in hiding your sensitive apps is Nova Launcher. However, the free version doesn’t provide this facility but if you want to do it you can by using the premium version of Nova Launcher. This version is called Nova Launcher Prime. It is available directly on Google Play Store. If you already have Nova Launcher in your mobile you can upgrade it to Nova Launcher Prime too by paying the amount which it costs.
Install Nova Launcher Prime
- Do we need to tell all of you that in the process we first need to install Nova Launcher Prime? Find the direct link here or search for it on Google Play Store.
- Launch it to run in your Android on the place of your phone’s default launcher.
Process Of Hiding Apps
- Once you set Nova Launcher Prime as your default launcher you can now be able to hide your apps from others.
- Long press anywhere on your screen. Make sure it is an empty space and you can find the wallpaper, widget and settings options at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the settings and find the option of Apps & widget drawer and open it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and you will find the option, Hide Apps in the Drawer Groups. Make sure you have the Prime version as we already know this is the feature of only prime version. If you don’t have one you can install it by clicking at the right corner of the Hide Apps option as the link is given there.
- Now you only have to click the Hide Apps option and you will find a list of all the apps installed on your mobile. They will appear with a checkbox next to all of them.
- Check all the apps you want to hide and hit the back button. That’s it, you are done with your work.
- With Nova Launcher you can hide as many apps as you want without any difficulty.
- After Hiding the apps you must test if it works or not. Try finding the apps you have hidden in your mobile by searching them among the other apps.
- If you do not find any you are done. NO, actually not! you will find them as it hides the apps only from the app drawer, not from the home screen. To complete the process you need to remove the app icons from your home screen. After it, you can only find them by App drawer search of Nova.
- To unhide those apps that are hidden the process is the same. Go to the hide apps option and uncheck all the apps you want to unhide again.
- For me, using Nova Launcher Prime is one of the most efficient ways to hide apps from your mobile’s app drawer.
Nova Launcher Prime is not free, it is a paid version that provides many other features too. You can buy it from Google Play Store by paying $4.99 only.
The next launcher which will be the answer to our question how to hide apps on android without rooting is Apex Launcher. Unlike Nova Launcher Prime, Apex Launcher is free of cost and works great with its App Hiding ability. So let’s see how it works.
Install Apex Launcher
First of all install Apex Launcher from Play Store. It is completely free. There are some in-app purchases and have a paid pro version but f you are installing it for the purpose of hiding apps then you do not need to make any other purchase.
Hiding Apps Using Apex Launcher
- After installing Apex Launcher the first thing is to, as we all know to make it your Android’s default Launcher.
- Now you can see Apex Settings on your home screen. Click on it and choose Hidden Apps option from the menu.
- Now there will appear a screen asking to add hidden apps. Tap on the option.
- Here you will find a list of all the apps installed on your mobile. Choose those you want to hide. You can choose as many as you want.
- Now there will be the option to cancel or hide the selected apps at the bottom. Of course, you have to click on hide apps option and you are done.
- It is as easy as it sounds like. Now you can test it by searching those hidden apps in your app drawer or on the home screen. Even after searching for them you no one will be able to find them.
- Unhiding the apps is also as simple, besides the hidden apps, there is the option to unhide them. Just one tap and they will be unhidden.
Apart from Launchers, there are a few apps also which we can use to hide apps in your mobile. These are really few in numbers but work great.
I think most of us have heard about this app called Parallel Space. Specifically, it is used to run multiple accounts of the same app in a single Android. Most commonly we use it for multiple social media accounts or games. But have you ever think of hiding apps using Parallel Space. Yes, it is possible with this app.
Install Parallel Space
So, to hide apps from your mobile using Parallel Space we first need to install Parallel Space. Anyone can install this app completely free from Google Play Store.
- When you first install Parallel space it will clone a few apps automatically. If you want to keep them you can and if you don’t you can delete them from Parallel Space.
- As we all know and most of us have used Parallel space for using clone apps but did you know that it can help you to hide your apps from the other’s eyes.
Process Of Hiding Apps Using Parallel Space
- In Parallel Space, you can not only hide apps in your mobile but you can download them in incognito mode too so that no one can find out that you have ever downloaded that app.
- For this purpose, you first need to open the app of course. on the homepage, you can find the apps that have automatically cloned in the parallel space app and the option of “add apps”.
- Click on the add apps option. This will let you on a page where there will be two windows. On the clone apps window, you can select any of the apps installed in your mobile to clone them into Parallel Space. The other window is Incognito installation. This is what we need to solve our how to hide apps on android without rooting problem.
- Click on try now and there will again be two options. One to search for the app you want to download in incognito mode and the other to select from the suggestions.
- Install your desired app. Don’t worry it is completely safe and legal as the apps will be installed from the Google Play Store itself.
- Now at the end, the only thing you need to do is that the app you have installed using Parallel Space’s incognito mode will appear on your phone’s home screen too. You need to uninstall that version from your mobile to completely hide that app in Parallel Space.
- Now you are all set to use your app easily without any tension of people snooping into it.
In these days when we keep every important thing in our mobile, it becomes one of the most important things to hide a few apps so that no one can snoop in them. So, here are the 4 best solution to your question how to hide apps on android without rooting. We hope this post will help you all with hiding apps. If you think you do not need to hide an app and a security lock would be enough for it try these 6 Best App locks available on Play Store.